When can I expect my transcripts after I complete a course?

For our online classes, we have a two week turnaround time for license renewal grades following the end date of the course. This allows us time to process students who have requested an extension to complete coursework, verification of your information with the BOEE, and of course, time to grade your assignments. For graduate credit, this turnaround time is four weeks to accommodate for a paper transcript being mailed to you.

Important: your Graduate Credit transcript may only be submitted once for a specific course and date range. Errors in registration information will result in a turnaround time longer than four weeks. Please verify your registration information to ensure your transcript will be processed correctly.

First, verify that the correct email was entered on your registration. If the correct email was entered, check your SPAM or junk mail folder. Sometimes a school district email will trap or block our emails with username/password information or transcript access details because they are sent to all participants of a course section. You may want to register with an email address not associated with a school district to avoid this issue.  

If you registered for a course between 5pm Friday and 8am Monday,  we are out of the office and will manually enroll you that Monday morning. You will receive an automatic maximum extension of one week to complete your course. Enrollments are open for any course section until the first Wednesday of class. If you need to enroll after the first Wednesday of class, please contact academy@iowasafeschools.org or call 515-381-0588.

I haven't received any information on how to login to my class or how to access my transcripts.

How do I get my transcripts?

For those who took classes for License Renewal Credit: Go to www.iseatranscripts.org, where you can enter your BOEE folder number and email address, and your transcript will be emailed to you.

For those who took classes for Graduate Credit: Your class will not appear on your digital transcript. This does NOT mean your work wasn’t graded, only that courses taken for Graduate Credit will no longer appear on your digital transcript. Similar to those who have taken AEA courses, Drake University will mail you a paper copy of your transcript following entry of your grades. 

I'm under a deadline. Is there any way to get my transcript faster?

"Rush requests" are available for License Renewal transcripts only, and must be requested from the Registrar prior to the first week of class. If your deadline falls within a turnaround time, please email mark@iowasafeschools.org immediately so we can discuss an option within our means. Please schedule your courses accordingly for your License Renewal or Graduate Credit deadlines.

How do I renew my license?

The BOEE can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to process your License Renewal request. It is your responsibility as an educator to renew your license in a timely fashion. For more information, visit the BOEE website.

Can I pay by phone or by check?




For payments by check, mail to:

Safe Schools Academy c/o Iowa Safe Schools
PO Box 704
Des Moines, IA 50309

For registration by phone or if you have any other questions, call 515-381-0588.

I've never taken an online class before. What can I expect?

That's ok! We're here to help. Our online classes run in individual three-week sections, are work-at-your-own-pace, and all material is self-contained--which means you don't need any extra books, subscriptions, or software. Syllabi are available by clicking on each courses' icon in our Safe Schools Academy Online Classes page. Content is course-dependent, but typically involves readings, discussions, and a few webinars accessible via YouTube. There's no specific time you need to be online, and the most important part of all our courses is fostering dialogue among the course participants and their work.

If you have any specific questions, call 515-381-0588 and our Registrar will assist you.

Should I take Graduate Credit or License Renewal credit for lane change?

Check your local contract regarding lane change information. 

A 1098-T includes qualified tuition and fees, as well as reportable grants and scholarships for all terms that were billed or disbursed during the calendar year. For 2017, This will include tuition and fee amounts for the Spring 2018 term that were billed in December 2017. This is a change from 2016 reporting. Please consult the Drake University Student Accounts webpage: http://www.drake.edu/accounts/1098tinformation/ for information on understanding the 1098-T or www.irs.gov.

As always, please consult with your tax advisor to determine your eligibility and how to best take advantage of available education tax credits, as the Student Accounts office cannot provide tax advice.

Beginning with the 2018 calendar year Drake University will be required to report payments received for qualified tuition and fees, instead of the actual billed amounts for qualified tuition and fees. This means that if you receive a 2018 1098-T statement, it is going to contain different information than the 2017 statement. As always, Drake University will provide a 1098-T statement produced in compliance with current IRS regulations, but it will be important to work closely with your tax preparer to ensure that you are correctly taking advantage of any available tax benefit. For more information about upcoming changes please consult with your tax preparer or visit www.irs.gov.

I need a 1098-T form for Grad Credit classes. What do I do?